The parish was established in April 1891 by secession from Volar. There were at least three parishes and churches of the Diocese of Zagreb at the present location of the parish in 1334: in Kozarac, Dragotinja and Puharska. The parish church was built in 1896. The tower was severely damaged in World War II, a new one was built only in 1970. The first parish house was also built in 1896. It burned down in 1942, but a new one was built in 1943. After it was demolished in 1992 and, in 2004, in the same spot, began the construction of a new church and it was ceremonially blessed on 25th August 2012.