The Old Church in Ljubinje was built in 1866. The church was built of stone and has a bell tower with three bells, one of which was damaged in 1941, in the Second World War. The church was covered with tiles and rebuilt several times, last time in 1998.
The interior of the church is very poor, the walls collapsed, the ceiling is cracked with visible lines. The wooden iconostasis is filled with icons on canvas, the last in the sequence being the Crucifixion. The Holy Gospel with silver adornments, weighing eleven pounds, is of a special value. This was a gift for the church from Russia along with a silver icon with the figure of Christ and the Virgin Mary, the gift of Zorka Radonjic in 1901. A school building was built next to the church in 1878. The building was nationalized in 1959 and returned to the church in 1992, and renovated in 1998.