Medieval town of Teočak

The medieval site in the Ugljevik region, the fortified town of Teocak, was first mentioned in historical sources around 1432, in connection with the Serbian despot Djuradj Brankovic.

It is believed that a church was built in Teocak at that time (later converted into a mosque which stands even today – accor ing to some sources, it is the oldest mosque in BiH), which housed, for some time, the relics of St. Luke the Evangelist.