The story on the origins of the Glogovac monastery was preserved in the people. According to tradition, representatives of the people addressed the vizier with a request to approve construction of a church. The vizier sent them to seek consent from Istanbul, although he expected they would not succeed. However, when they got consent from the sultan, the vizier had to approve the construction of the church, but he angrily ordered that it must be built in such a place where the sound of church bells would not be heard. The monastery was built in the narrow gorge of the Glogovac River in 1886. It was burned down during the Second World War and rebuilt in the sixties of the last century. The last reconstruction of the monastery occurred in 2000/01.