Doboj Catholic Parish was founded on September 1, 1896. An army barrack was converted into a small Catholic chapel in 1879.
The parochial church and house were built from 1896 to 1910 in the place halfway between where Doboj used to be and Usora. Until 1935, the parish was dedicated to Saint Christine, a virgin and martyr.
After that the parish patron become the Sacred Heart of Jesus.